Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Blodel Conservatory

Over Spring break we went to the Blodel Conservatory.  I had completely forgotten about it and had no idea what to expect.  Still I thought it would be bigger than it was, but with 3 kids it was big enough.  It was a very nice outing.  I just wish we had thought of it during Term 1 when I were learning about Diversity of Life in Science.  There are 3 different sections which are rainforest, desert and tropical I believe.  They also had a scavenger hunt which was fun, looking for different plants/ flowers or birds. 
Currently they are replacing all of the bubble shaped windows of the dome, hence all the scaffolding in the background.  However it didn't affect the inside at all.
 I'd like to go again once the outdoor trees, plants and flowers are in full bloom. 


 It's really incredible how large some leaves are.  You can't tell by the photos but they are massive. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.